We also suggestBody milk with Cold Cream nutri-protectiveFOR STRESSED AND NATURALLY DRY SKIN Nourishes and soothes, right from day one.* Protects the living capital of your baby’s skin, today and in the future. *Includes babies newly-discharged from...
We also suggestCold Cream nutri-protective Face creamFOR STRESSED AND NATURALLY DRY SKIN Nourishes, protects and soothes baby’s skin, from birth on.* Protects the vital resources in baby's skin today for tomorrow. *Includes babies newly-...
Hydra Bébé® Body lotionHydrates and strengthens baby’s skin, from birth on.* Protects the vital resources in baby's skin today for tomorrow *Includes babies newly-discharged from neonatal care.
We also suggestHydra Bébé® Face creamHydrates and strengthens baby’s skin, from birth on.* Protects the vital resources in baby's skin today for tomorrow. *Includes babies newly-discharged from neonatal care.
We also suggestHydra-Stick with Cold Cream nutri-protectiveDRY SKIN Protects your baby’s lips and cheeks, from birth on.* Protects the vital resources in baby's skin today for tomorrow *Includes babies newly-discharged from neonatal care.
Tips from Mustela
Up until age 3, your child’s skin is delicate and immature: it has few defenses against harsh elements (cold, wind, sun, dry air, etc.), it’s easily irritated, and it’s sometimes prone to red blotches. But your baby’s skin is also rich in unique and valuable cell potential that it’s vital to protect. So you need to give it very special care and use appropriate products. Here's our advice for ensuring your baby’s skin remains soft, flexible and comfortable day after day!
- Always choose skin care products that are specially formulated for a baby’s skin. They should be hypoallergenic and tested under the supervision of dermatologists and pediatricians.
- After his daily bath, carefully moisturize your baby’s entire body and face using a mild moisturizing cream or body lotion on normal skin, or cold cream treatment on dry skin.
- Take this opportunity to briefly massage your baby if he enjoys it: gently massage the baby’s entire body with your moisturizing product until it has fully penetrated the skin, or use a massage oil specially designed for babies. Not only is massage very effective for relaxing your baby as preparation for sleep, it’s also a wonderful opportunity to bond with your child.
- Remember to check the area behind your baby’s ears on a regular basis. This area is often overlooked, but it’s prone to rashes and dryness.
- For your baby’s lips and exposed sensitive areas, use a moisturizing stick.
- When you go out with your baby during the autumn or winter months, cover sensitive areas completely (head, nose, throat, ears, hands, etc.) with a hat, scarf, mittens and so on. You’ll protect the child against not only colds, but also the drying effects of chilly air.